Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's Get to Know What I Do Here!

While a lot of you will not admit it, you like coming to see me and I appreciate that!  But I do need to clarify some things about what I do here.  Here I am part reporter, part critic, but all in all, I am a commentator.

In a Hockey Night in Canada metaphor, I am not Bob Cole here. I am Harry Neale. Yes I report what's happened, but I try to give the best possible explanation to why things are the way they are. While I seem prophetic here, I am no prophet.

A lot of what I observe, I wish wasn't true, because I for one do not like the idea of voting for someone that one likes as opposed to someone who can actually do the job or is fresh with new ideas and creativity.

This city needs new ideas and creative energy, because the old ideas don't work. They never did and they never will.


Above all, I want to help candidates succeed and if any of those I have criticized here have won their election as the result of something I said, then I did my job here.

This blog gives me some opportunity to tune up my analytical skills and keep the gears well oiled.  But understand that a lot of my observations come from experience and a general understanding of the psychlogical make-up of the human being and his or her surroundings.  So enjoy reading and understand that I don't know everything.  I am learning something new every day.  That's the commitment I make to myself.

I thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment