Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nothing to See Here!

Mayor Fred says that talk about the Aberdeen/Longwood site possibly being an alternative is unfounded and such discussion is not helpful.

You know what also isn't helpful?  Deciding to build a stadium at a site which makes no economical sense to your anchor tenant and needlessly driving him out of your town just because you're too pigheaded to understand the need for a compromise, because for some idiotic reason you think somehow that you are right and everyone else is wrong.

But the way, Fred, time's running out on you.  I suppose you don't want to have the legacy as the guy who ran the Tiger-Cats out of town, right?

1 comment:

  1. I can not stand football and believe {right or wrong}that the people that go to the games are a minority ,as your candidate for mayor I want the voter to know that I have never gone to a game and I never will,I do not like it. This does not change the fact that a great amount of people enjoy going to the games,but I was under the impression that the stadium issues where about the Pan Am games and not foot ball.I believe our current mayor {Fred} had and still does have the cities best interests in mind,but he should have taken control over the Harbour front and just made it happen,as of today there is no finality on the stadium matter,and the article buy the spectator promoting Long wood and Aberdeen does not help ,it only causes confusion to the voter.I would much rather have a cycling sponsor to the stadium and almost any sponsor than the Tiger cats, they are close to finished in my opinion."I am sick and tired of seeing the tiger cat banners all over the city ,that promote a money losing team".

    Why has the current mayor but so much time in the last year on this issue while ignoring the issues that face the downtown of our city on a on going bases.I have seen no changes or the political will to even try.As far as the use of our city property to promote the tiger cats,by way of their banners all over the city I want it ended and think other voters do as well.There is little question that rampid ignorence of fair play is going on here,,"share the spot light" don:t hog it.

    I want the Pan Am games,but the tiger cats?

    EDward HC Graydon

    ReplyDelete