Monday, June 7, 2010

Kollek bows out

Dundas city council candidate, Julia Kollek has withdrawn her candidacy.  That puts Russ Powers in the driver's seat for acclamation.

As stated on her Facebook wall: 

As you may have heard, I’ve decided to withdraw my candidacy for the Dundas seat on City Council at this time. This wasn’t an easy decision – and I thought long and hard over this. 

A big thank you to all of you here, my campaign team, family, friends and supporters who have been fantastic in their encouragement – and I look forward to continuing to serve the community.


I for one was disappointed to have heard this.  Dundas desperately needs a new candidate who can give Russ Powers a run for his money.  

My best wishes go to Julia Kollek in her future endeavours and I hope she will run again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment