Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let's Welcome our Next Contestants!

The mayoral race has just got a little more crowded with the entry of Glenn Hamilton into the fold.  Now there's good reason to be concerned.  As the house gets a little more crowded in the race, nobody has really stood out.  We know that there are so far only two serious candidates, namely Fred Eisenberger and Mahesh Butani.  While I know that nobody plays to lose, it's time for the mayoral candidates to make their views known before the kids get out of school, because come the summer, nobody's going to pay attention.

In my 10 tough questions with Cal DiFalco, I pointed out a candidate that is running a good campaign so far.  I am seeing that Pablo Bustamante began his campaign for ward 10 with a good splash and now he has a good reason to keep the momentum going. 

Bernard Josipovic has now entered the race there and unfortunately that's all we know.  No other information has been provided at the city website, which make me wonder.  Is the guy serious about running?  While other candidates have opened lines of communication, this one gave none. 

I will have to start laying out rules on how to be successful in a campaign, and here's one:  If you want to run for public office, you have to make yourself accessible to the public in some way.  If you are not going to make yourself available to discuss your platform with the media, what makes you think you're going to win? 

I hope that Bernard will make himself available in some way, otherwise he should just quit now and spare us the trouble.  He needs to take this seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Gauthier I respect your criticism. But I filed to run just last week. I was informed that it may take up to a week for my information to come up on the website. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete